Thursday, May 14, 2009

How fast can you.......

I have to learn the art of slow walking. I'm not a good walker, the step i take, the way my body moves, the short swinging hands, the dancing legs. Its wierd, for anyone who see's me walking. Its a short wierd scene. Because i walk really fast and funny, but its hard sometimes to compete with my head.

Yesterday my eyes were glued to my colleuges walking steps, the even pace, slow and steady, Oh! they enjoy walking.I couldnt remove my eyes from that scene.I wonder wheater is it the heavy lunch, or the hot summer....for that slow slow....slow walk.

The same quickness i have adopted for eating & cutting. Yes, I'm a quick eater, i remembered once having lunch with a school principal, a slow eater indeed. me being a quick eater, ate - five ,six, five , bhaturas to his two bhaturas , from that day i'm trying to eat slow.When it comes to cutting, i am verymuch happy with my speed. Accidents happens only when i experiment with my speed limit.

My first interview, after my graduation, the additional director asked me how fast can i cut a carrot? My answer - a little slower than chopping a bunch of spinach, sometimes questions may be more stupid than the answer.

Many times, the style of cutting the vegetables/meat and its speedness for mis en place, creates a good impression on the person who cuts the vegetables/meat.but will he create the same impression in the food what he preapares? I have had many studens who cooks well, with a slow mis en place, All one need is, start from scratch, know the functions of ingredients and above all love what you do. If the result turns out bad, remember to learn from mistakes.

HAPPY COOKING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Satish,

I studied in Aruvankadu and then for a while in coimbatore. I am now in a town in UK. I was missing the taste of ooty varkie and was searching for it's recipe on the net when I came upon your post! Still haven't found the recipe for varkies though!!! Keep posting!

Sujith

ccplmaihs said...

true .....i agree with you