Monday, December 6, 2010

Escargots


A three day journey to the union territory was fun , I do not blame the rain for my laziness, did not go much, did not eat much, all I did was Drink drink and drink, with so many varieties of drinks sometimes its hard to resist. I tried some local foods its all same, Its a new place and the dishes seems to be new.

The Best part is you get all varieties of cooking cheese, the French spreads and many Ingredients. Only there is no place for me to cook, I managed the crowded Goubert market,the silent Rue Dupuy, The bussy street, and The Rocky Beach. A Great place to be, not just because of the drinks you get there, Puducherry is Unique in its own way.The bled of Indian and French cuisine, you get all meats and vegetables there in there.

Of all I tasted, the Snail is what lingers in my mind, Which is consumed in the world for more than a thousand years, there are land snails and freshwater snails, Its rich in protein and less in fat, who will neglect a dish like this. In western countries which is very popular, they call It Escargots - which means a dish of cooked land snails , the usual seasoning butter and parsley. But here in puducherry, the Snail cooked with the local spices is really mouthwatering.

Of All three days, with all places I visited, with all the peoples I met, and all the food I tasted. The taste of Masala Snail lingers in my taste buds and creates an interest in me to visit puducherry again. Forget not a pint of beer when you go to puducherry.

No comments: