Saturday, June 20, 2009

What is for dinner ?

What would you like to have? Often many people dine out with specific dishes in their mind and whatever the dish in mind was ordered first and then come the three main courses – the rice, roti, some pastas or noodles. (Forget not the starter before and the dessert afterwards) Everyone is used to it, when our mind is filled with chicken or mushroom, we just do not order chicken or mushroom alone, a rice, roti or some farinaceous course will also end up in our table. These three courses have become a habit when we order from the menu.
I tried eating mangoes with chill powder and salt, a plateful of bhel poories and a glass of sweet limejuice for dinner. Everything was good, with my heart and stomach full; I enjoyed eating with hundred pair of eyes watching me on the street. Eventually, when I reached home I couldn’t stop tasting some reheated biryani before entering my sleep. (Is that a habit?)
My father, always have ragi porridge after dinner and my granny drink lot of butter milk after her dinner, for them the meal is incomplete without the ragi porridge or the buttermilk. And at the same time they cannot have only the ragi porridge or buttermilk for their dinner. I ask them what happen if they couldn’t get neither porridge nor buttermilk after their dinner, and my question was always unanswered.
How often do we waste the food? even if its a laste bite, does everyone leave the plate without a single grain of rice /food, my mother used to tell if we waste the laste mouth we wont grow tall, with that fear in mind i eat the plate clean, and today everyone call me chintu.

When it comes to eating it is we who frame the rules, the courses and their accompaniments, when you are happy with the meal, why worry about a la care and table d hote. so what would you like to have a proper menu with diffrent course or whatever your taste buds needs?

HAPPY EATING

No comments: