Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A new start

( Manjitha - Runner up - in a tournament at Berhatty Village )
(From left - Standing - Sathish, Vinoth, Rajesh, Rajkumar, Arun, Naran, Yaswanth .Sitting - saravanan, Thiag, jai ganesh, Prasanth, Siripu)
From Manjitha:
Long were the days gone, where Manjitha was full of Cricket and happiness, we play hockey, soccer and what not.But, cricket was our all time favourite. We play in our front yard with dust pan as stumps.I remember the bouncy ball which Sasi( Appa) Stitches with long strips of colored cloths with his unrevealed secret. I remember various tournaments we played, in all, Manjitha had a special place. I remember all our fans, all the applaues, all the broken hearts. I remember the silent tears and the never ending happiness.
Srini's super six were just in front of my eyes and the same goes with Thiag's medium pace left bowling. I remember Sasi (Appa) wicket keeping and Kunna senthil's fast bowling, Ranjith's master stroke and Ashok's throw bowling. Everyone felt envy towards Ashok and Ashok's for organising a wonderful tournament, i still remember the winning moment.
I remember ravi's blind bowling and Dilip's defence stroke. Jai's energy and Hari's excitement. Rajesh the all rounder was always out of the scene. Tough we played with tennis ball, we had massive audience and meticulous commentators, not to forget the third umpire.
A tiny little space is enough for us to play Test matches.Yes , Manjitha was full of cricket, but those were the days gone, what happen to everyone? everything ended with our schooling and today its a new start with our favourite blue jersey and green faces. I Pray , the hapiness last forever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to see good unforgetable memories from ur side.We also remember silly and Blunder happened during our child wood.By reading the message i remember the day before ur +2 Public exam in Hubbathalai and u were the icon of the match .

If possible have a seperate column for our traditional food , Festivals , marriage and other good things about us .

sathish vasudevan said...

Sure jai I'll do that and the hubathallai match will stay in my mind till I go blind, the ball almost killed me andyways I know you all cared except for Umesh babu,wish he is doin well , will come up with more post in the coming blog, Thanks a lot and HAPPY BLOGGING