Saturday, September 12, 2009

Who stole my Larousse Gastronomique?

The worst day in my life, I lost my Larousse Gastronomique, it is an encyclopedia of gastronomy. Its the first cooking session for the freshers after a few sessions of demonstrations. I was happy with the kashmiri menu, the same happiness were with the students. Being the first session I was not verymuch concerned with the dress code and observation. Everyone knew the menu, and stood without knowing the recipe.

The briefing was a long one, which left no doubt in them about the recipe, the menu was Kashmiri pulao, Mutton rogan josh and Phirnee. As soon as the table was alloted for the students to cook, my mind was covered with the flavour of chocolate and cocoa. With an eye on the kashmiri menu, I started preparing my favourite Brownies. The recipe was simple and my own version, melt hundred grams of butter and mix in two hundred grams of sugar,mix in two beaten eggs, add fifty grams of cocoa and hundred grams of refined flour sieved along with half teaspoon of baking powder, add one teaspoon of chocolate essence, pour in the mould and bake at onehundred and seventy five degree celcius for thirty minutes.After thirty minutes , I was happy with the outcome, three bars of Brownies with the awesome color and flavor, which created a nostalgia in me.

Students were ready with the presentation, on one table the pulao was mashed and on the other the mutton was dried up, looking at this my Brownies happiness faded quickly, but being the fisrt cooking session, what the students prepared is not bad at all. They created a good impression, I started planning more activities for them in the days to come. All off a sudden ,everything shattered, including their fisrt impression, when someone stole my Larousse Gastronomique. Than the person who stole it, I am ashamed of having them in my cooking session.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

it i s definitely a very bad experience.....i can understand how u feel now..and that incident made u change.alot.and u r upset wenever i c u for the past two days....but ...it is shame on ourselves also that such a thng happnd and is difficult to find out who took it...
and on my experience..we feel like we r killed or betrayd...
and that tooo if we loose something ...in which we r so passionate...and that s wat u feel for..it...once u r passionate in what u do...u get involved and if something happens.like dis.its really..pathetic...
dont worry brother..i wish u shud get it bak soon , i pray and hav a great hope that u wil get it back..only because..u r such a person who do no harm to anyone.. even by ur mind ...i m praying for that ..u wil get it soon.eta.god will help u to find it out....
but it makes every one unhappy if u urself r depressed.bcoz u r person in our department to boost up our energy...so pls...cheer up...
unfortunately it happnd..
then wat else..shud i say...no words...its juz all about feelings and emotions ...

sathish vasudevan said...

will try to saran........
anyways... happy blogging

sathish vasudevan said...

will try to saran........
anyways... happy blogging

Anonymous said...

the one who stole would've sold it for Rs.20 at a palaya paper kadai...am sure he or she dont needs it and cant use it