Thursday, March 5, 2009

Music Vs Chicken

"If Music Be the Food of Love, Play on"
Two with bsnl network and one with an airtel, a conference call which lasted for solid twenty six minutes, My friend hari who is very good dancer but it is years since he had danced in any event is learning cooking, his friend NIT who is a very good singer, studies music in KM music conservatory, Chennai. We three were on conference call last night and nit had an airtel network ‘Express yourself”. Tough it’s not a surprise call I’m very much happy to speak with someone who loves music; she has chosen the best school to study what she loves, the master being the one who crowned the Indian music with his twin Oscars. But what about Nit’s love for food? “I hate Vegetarian food’ her only comment.
We talked about ooty, my home…. Her school…. Chennai… and ended with slum dog … millionaire, forget the eight Oscars, there are more potential Oscar movies than Slum dog, who said this? It is not the way to show India, but, what is real India? And what is real mumbai? I remember a day when we were at bindi bazaar. Let me finish with slum dog before that, tough the millionaire swept eight Oscars many were just happy in the Chennai circle, as we knew the master is not at all prepared for it, and was least expecting an award and there are many AR compositions far far better than jai ho!
I am not a good singer, and was forced to sing, I sang two lines from a non-AR song, believe me I was sober. But before that nit sang a beautiful AR song, her voice is too good that I felt my heat in my mouth, not because I’m hearing it for the first time, Nit not only sings she is also a good violinist, she wants to compose music, that’s her passion. As I knew very little about violin I spoke about the EADGBE strings in guitar, Every Adult Dog Growls Barks Eats, that’s how I learned the string, its been two years now and just learned to play Happy Birthday..
The conversation showed me her palate for chicken is more/high, compared to her palate for music, a cooking session and a music session was mutually agreed upon, I have too many chicken dishes in my mind, for someone who hates vegetarian food, I am not a prophet to prophecise, but some unknown instinct says one day Nits going to compose some great music, and me cooking more chicken for her.
HAPPY MUSIC!

No comments: