Wednesday, July 20, 2011

From the Freshers


It a day for the freshers and the menu had all Indian in it, starting with roti, a masala dal to accompany ,with aloo methi and tomato chicken , a tint of sweet carrot kheer to finish the course. I precisely said them what not to do and what to do, and not a big surprise , seeing many without a knife and duster cloths. Is that mean, that they hate cleanliness? There is always an excuse. That they are freshers, where they are entering a world which is something new and accustoming takes time.But then ,to me Patience is what all i learned

Not bad , what I witnessed, a perfect start, which I didn't expect with all thirty five in one culinary class. Tough it was a kind of gaming with new ingredients , I couldn't see any one trying an extra mile to go on with the cooking. It was three in a batch, cooking all five dishes . Starting with the dough for roti followed by boiling the dal,everyone mastered their own way. I didn't find any difficulty in shouting the recipe, except the last night drink which kept hanging in my mind.

Jumping over a square shaped roti, and one colorless tomato chicken all other table had a perfect blend of everything , the taste, the texture and the consistency . All together i'll put in a single word "Awesome"

I remembered the last year burnt dal, uncooked roti and curdled carrot kheer, and wondered what is unique with the freshers this year, with three hours of browsing my brain I was left without an answer. With confidant compilation of the second menu, I am sure I'll have the answer in the next cooking session.

HAPPY COOKING!

4 comments:

Sapnokiduniya said...

OSMMM...sir i remember even we did best last year....!!!! and bit upset u should hv called us also for tasting freshers....!!!!! HAPPY TEACHING

sathish vasudevan said...

Tasting freshers/??????????????
The food which they prepared
happy eating!!!!

Sapnokiduniya said...

yeah sir....taste only matters ....let it be either food or freshers

dechen wangmo said...

Sir ... Nice to know tat u r back to writing in ur blog...


remember my roti... which was hard as cd disk... hah ha hah...