Friday, July 8, 2011

"House of the Acolhua people" - Kahlúa



Almost a year, its first of July and the year old Kahlua landed in my book shelf. Thanks to dushy, who successfully fished his masters in Swiss , only to end up working in Bangalore, India. I questioned why not Europe? or else where , after a year of studies and thirty odd lacks in to it.The answer was "contacts" he made friend from around the globe, good isn't it. Horse meat eating friend from Greece to eat what not friends from China. Tough he couldn't smuggle a Absinthe for me from Swiss, I am very much happy with the Kahlua which he brought.

Kahlúa a Mexican coffee-flavored liqueur is dense and sweet,almost syrupy, created a nostalgia of having cough syrup during my eighth grade. with the distinct taste of coffee, from which it is made it also contains sugar, corn syrup and vanilla bean.The alcohol content of Kahlúa is 20.0%. But the Kahlúa Especial, the higher grade has an alcohol content of 36% and has a lower viscosity and is less sweet than the regular version.

The kahlua which I had was twenty percent and its really good. The patience died as the time went with kahlua in my hand, the fist sip went neat and the second one with Vodka. Its used for making many cocktails and as toppings for desserts. Kahlúa with Irish Cream and an orange cognac give B52.two parts Kahlua and three parts vodka give Black Russian.Mud slide is vodka, Irish cream and Kahlua. ans when you top it with baileys Irish cream its baby Guiness.

After the drink its the movie part, with san and friends, watching Transformers - part three. With mind full of Cybertronian, Megatron, Shock wave and optimus prime, deep inside my mind Black Russian kept blinking. I know it'll be past midnight to reach home. I do not mind the time when it comes to Alcohol.

HAPPY Kahlua.......

No comments: